Sep 30th and Nov 18th
Times for Sep 30th: 9:00 am — 12:00 pmTimes for Nov 18th: 9:00 am — 12:00 pm
Disability Inclusion Lab Fall 2022 Cohort
Join us on a virtual learning journey to examine ableism, bias, disability, and your role in changing the workplace experience for employees and candidates with disabilities.
Five virtual (via Zoom) sessions scheduled from 9:00am - 12:00pm PST on the following dates:
- Friday September 30th
- Friday October 7th
- Friday October 21st
- Friday November 4th
- Friday November 18th
Participants are expected to attend all five sessions.
In our five virtual online sessions, we will explore disability inclusion with speakers, discussions, experimentation, and multimedia formats. You will learn from disability inclusion advocates and innovators, peer-to-peer cohort interactions, and facilitators experienced in organization development and transformation.
Each three-hour session is designed to be interactive and reflective. You will leave with concepts, frameworks and tools that can be applied within your workplace to advance disability inclusion.
Cohort dates and times are listed in the event detail below. Additional course information can be found in the link here.
WHY THIS MATTERS IN THE WORKPLACE:
Disability is all around you - whether you know it or not. One billion people globally (in the US that translates to one in four adults) have a disability and 70% of disabilities are non-apparent. This number is increasing as we continue to see the lasting effects of COVID.
Research suggests 30% of employees have one or more disabilities, but only 3% on average self-identify as having a disability to their employers. That translates to a sizable portion of your workforce who don’t feel they can show up to work authentically or aren’t comfortable asking for what they need to be successful.
Barriers to inclusion and full participation are all over the workplace. As a Leader, HR Professional, Employee Resource Group Representative, or DEI Professional there are things you can do to reduce or remove barriers. Join us to learn how.
THIS PROGRAM IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You are a Leader, HR Professional, Employee Resource Group Representative, or DEI Professional working within an organization.
- You are responsible for or able to influence processes, systems, or behavioral norms that affect employees and candidates within your organization.
- You are ready for a great deal of reflection and are willing to challenge your current perspectives and belief systems, including openly sharing in our sessions.
- You are looking for a safe environment to experiment, practice, share authentically, and learn from others about the possibilities and challenges of creating a barrier-free workplace.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Articulate foundational considerations within a strategic and inclusive approach to disability inclusion within the workplace.
- Apply new knowledge, tools, skills and understanding about disability inclusion, ableism and bias within your workplace.
- Communicate more confidently your personal narrative about disabilities and disability inclusion.
- Build a network of professionals who are working to advance disability inclusion within their own organizations.
- Understand how to remove barriers to disabled talent from the recruitment and hiring process.
- Identify and influence process, structural, behavioral and cultural barriers which get in the way of thriving in the workplace.
- Call out ableism in a kind and constructive way - educating and holding yourself and others accountable. Is your organization a place where disabled employees can thrive?