Deborah is a strategist and guide for enabling growth in leaders and their organizations. She supports her clients to respond to personal challenges of senior leadership arising from evolving business needs to be more strategic, agile, and impactful in their leadership roles. She partners with executives, guiding them from questions to answers that reflect their values and unique experiences while challenging existing perspectives and assumptions about what is achievable.
From her formative years spent in a family business, Deborah’s professional work is always grounded in integrating business issues with human issues. She is a systemic thinker, able to see clarity in complexity, and willing to be candid yet respectful in supporting her clients.
With over 15 years as a VP/SVP executive in HR and Administration functional roles, Deborah has sat where her clients are sitting -- understanding the pressures, challenges, and opportunities of organizational leadership which they are experiencing. As a business consultant and coach for 15 years, she continues to augment her leadership experience with ongoing education in the art and science of leadership development, working with emerging behavioral technologies from neuroscience, cognitive, and somatic methods, enhancing her client’s performance and enjoyment of their work.
- Over a period of 12 years, 7 of my direct reports went on to become VP/CHRO at companies in various industries.
- I have held executive Leadership positions in Financial Investment, Food Processing, and Quick Service Retail Franchising industries.
- Promoted to a Vice President role at 36 and Senior VP at 39.
- Certified Coach from the Gestalt Institute of Cleveland and Fielding Graduate University evidence-based coaching programs
- Previous Adjunct Faculty positions in Business Management, Leadership and Organization Development courses at California State University and Pepperdine University
- My spouse, of over 40 years, and I raised two sons to be thoughtful, self-reliant, contributing members of society
- I am a life-long learner and developer of myself and of those, I encounter in my work and private life.
- Raised in a family business start-up, I learned at an early age the lessons of a strong work ethic, the difference a single individual can make in the lives of others, and the importance of the work environment in supporting others to succeed.
- The most frequent feedback I receive is acknowledging my ability to enable others to shift perspective and see new possibilities for themselves.
Solve Your Organizational Challenges
Download our Brochure to learn how The Heffelfinger Company can help you